Project № BG05SFOP001-2.014-0001-C01 “Implementation of the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) in the Bulgarian administration” is with duration 18 months (01.07.2019 г. -31.12.2019) and has budget 641 300.27 BGN.
The main project objective is the implementation of the principles of the organizational excellence and increase of the organizational efficiency in public administration through implementation of the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) in the Bulgarian administration. The sustainability of the model’s implementation will be increased by delivering the Procedure of External Feedback (PEF) in line with the National Rules for External Feedback.
The capacity building of the CAF Resource Center at IPA is also essential for the quality performance of its training and consultation functions for the promotion and implementation of the CAF model in public administration.
During the project activities implementation 32 new administrations in the country will receive support in the implementation process and their representatives will take part in series of general and specialized trainings.
Main project activities:
- Updating the training programme and conducting general CAF trainings – 32 administrations, divided in 3 waves, total 60 senior civil servants and 300 experts (civil servants) will be trained;
- Strengthening the capacity of the CAF Resource Center – practical training for 30 already trained under the previous project, as well as new consultants for working with the updated programme and the interactive manual; 20 lecturers, trained by EIPA regarding the changes in CAF model; 20 trained consultants regarding improvement their knowledge and CAF changes, new CAF 2020 characteristics and its connection with other management tools.
- Implementation of the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) 32 administrations – Total 448 trained civil servants; working visits in European administrations, successfully implementing CAF for sharing good practices – 2 groups, 20 representatives each from the administrations already implemented CAF under the previous project, CAF Resource Center members, civil servants from the 32 target administrations under this project.
- Applying the National Rules for External Feedback and awarding a certificate “Effective CAF User” – conducted external evaluation procedure for 20 administrations, who have implemented CAF under previous and this project;
- Promoting CAF – Conference for CAF model promotion; two annual meetings of CAF users in Bulgaria; Development of Good practices book; 4 CAF newsletters; translation from English into Bulgarian of CAF 2020 book; video production - continuation of CAF implementation in Bulgaria.
Project BG05SFOP001-2.014-0001 „Implementation of the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) in the Bulgarian administration” is funded under Operational Programme “Good Governance”, co-financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund.